Procurement Leaders™ is the world’s most valued professional procurement network. A unique and vital destination that connects, inspires and accelerates our members to become more successful.
Powered by a community of over 700 leading global corporations and 27,000 senior procurement, sourcing and supply chain executives, we accelerate our member’s journey to superior performance, providing access to the in-depth insight, practical tools and expert guidance they need to transform procurement into a critical business driver. We are proud to partner with procurement executives from the world’s leading brands such as Diageo, Ferrero, Nestle, Philips, ABN Amro, among others.
This role is critical in developing a world-class research and insights team, and therefore will play a big leadership role in improving content generation and delivery and input into the content strategy. Projects include best practices on SRM, digitalizing the procurement function and next generation talent. There will also be a critical market facing component, engaging with CPOs, and other senior Procurement and Supply Chain executives, using PL solutions to solve business problems. A consultant or researcher with Procurement expertise is desirable.
- Draw on previous business and procurement experience to independently lead research workstreams and an early career analyst team, creating thought leadership and high-quality insights for Procurement Leaders clients.
- Follow a research process (hypothesis generation, inductive and deductive reasoning), and lead primary and secondary research efforts to develop a fact-base to form objective insight—this may take the form of written, audio, visual content – including recorded, and live face to face interactions.
- Participation in Procurement Leader’s content strategy to further refine user profiles and develop a roles-based content strategy.
- Act as a liaison between the market (members and prospects) and the product organization. Share feedback to inform product development and positioning.
- Deliver presentations and content at member events, conferences including 3rd party conferences, and member organizations –can include in person and telephone.
- Respond to client requests, either or written or verbally, in accordance with Procurement Leaders’ customer service level agreement. Support commercial teams to renew and close new business.
- Coach team to delight clients in all types of client interactions, including presentation skills, maximizing POC during commercial interactions and ensuring value and impact for all member queries.
- Represent Procurement Leaders insights with the industry-specific and mainstream press.
- Sharp focus and attention to customer satisfaction and commercial targets.
Key Attributes, Skills, and Experience
- Minimum 8 years’ experience leading or part of a syndicated research team. Procurement and sourcing knowledge are a plus.
- Proven team leadership, people coaching and development.
- Demonstrable business and commercial acumen and thought leadership.
- Highly organized project management– ability to prioritize competing tasks and manage time effectively.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ambitious, eager to learn and keep a pulse on all things procurement and supply chain landscape to challenge and delight our clients.
- A strong communicator through written and spoken word
- Analytical, customer, success and growth mindset.
- Team-player, ability to work effectively within your team and across business units.
Enthusiastic, self-starter, and has the initiative, leadership, and commitment to have a fruitful career in a rapidly evolving com