The Account Manager works strategically to drive, grow and deliver renewal member opportunities globally with PL accounts. The Account Manager is accountable for achieving specific revenue targets , while maintaining a relationship with key stakeholders within the accounts , including development of C-level/executive relations. They ensure service delivery to meet or exceed member expectation to existing members, as well as, uncovering and developing opportunities for successful membership renewal and upgrade sales through issue diagnosis, account planning, and solution mapping
· Responsible for articulating renewal value proposition, evaluating each member business needs, presenting appropriate PL products, additional membership products, as well as selling to defined business outcomes.
· Works collaboratively with marketing and research teams, to properly position and formulate strategy, for client retention and enrichment sales.
· Responsible for building relationships with senior executives, including C-Level executives and stakeholders within complex Fortune 500 companies, while demonstrating an in-depth knowledge of their account/business, understanding of their specific needs/priorities and research appropriate solutions to meet their needs.
· Ensures customised account plans for each account, outlining service delivery and revenue growth strategies for existing memberships.
· Collaborate with the PL Content, Community and Research team to ensure targeted and substantive content solution delivery.
· Leverage existing relationships as references, to utilize in developing and closing opportunities in other designated account.
· Evaluate member’s business needs, bring a point of view, inspire, and be inspired to present appropriate PL products to challenge thinking, lead change and formulate urgency in r
- Bachelor’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Procurement or a related field preferred. Advanced graduate work or graduate degree preferred.
-Five (5) years previous Account Management experience, a portion of this time managing complex Fortune 500 client relationships.
- Previous experience in marketing, advertising, Procurement or Supply Chain, Account Management preferred.
- Previous success achieving new business revenue goals, managing personal sales strategies and selling to senior marketing roles.
-Previous experience mentoring others, and a results-oriented team member.
- Strong, consultative selling experience, ROI solution selling ability, discovery skills, prospecting skills, business acumen, decision making, diversity of opinion, negotiation and closing skills, along with a competitive spirit required.
- Proficient Microsoft Office suite skills required. Knowledge/experience with CRM database (Salesforce.com) and Scout Analytics preferred.
-Someone who learns technology quickly. Demonstrated effective organization and time management skills, impeccable written and phone communication skills, as well as, presentation skills with an Executive level audience.
-High level of professionalism, ability to develop relationships, establish credibility, conduct substantive content discussions, diagnose member needs and identify relevant resources/solutions with senior executives.
-Ability to learn content and substance of research quickly required, as well as, thinking creatively to provide the highest level of member service.
Ability to diagnose member needs, identify relevant resources, and manage complex business relationships.