Procurement Leaders™ is the world’s most valued professional procurement network. A unique and vital destination that connects, inspires and accelerates our members to become more successful.
Powered by a community of over 700 leading global corporations and 27,000 senior procurement, sourcing and supply chain executives, we accelerate our member’s journey to superior performance, providing access to the in-depth insight, practical tools and expert guidance they need to transform procurement into a critical business driver. We are proud to partner with procurement executives from the world’s leading brands such as IBM, Johnson & Johnson, MasterCard, Adidas, L’Oreal, Nestle.
The role is a liaison between the Americas’ client base and the global research team, feeding back input that shapes and evolves the content strategy. This market facing role is critical in growing the region, and delivering value to existing clients through thought leadership via written content and delivery of new ideas to accelerate procurement transformation. A consultant or researcher with Procurement expertise is desirable. The role has three main responsibilities: content creation, content delivery and commercial enablement.
- Draw on previous business and procurement experience to independently create new content that will drive commercial outcomes in the Americas’ region.
- Follow a research process (hypothesis generation, inductive and deductive reasoning), and lead primary and secondary research efforts to develop a fact-base to form objective insight—this may take the form of written, audio, visual content – including recorded, and live face to face interactions.
- Participation in developing Procurement Leaders’ content strategy to reflect the needs and gaps of the Americas’ market- role based user experience, product innovation, emerging research themes.
Content Delivery & Commercial Enablement
- Act as a liaison between the market (members and prospects) and the product organization. Share feedback to inform product development and positioning.
- Deliver presentations and content at member events, conferences including 3rd party conferences, and member organizations –can include in person and telephone.
- Respond to client requests, either or written or verbally, in accordance with Procurement Leaders’ customer service level agreement.
- Support commercial teams to renew and close new business, this includes developing individual account strategies, mapping PL content/ solutions back to client challenges to showcase maximum value.
- Represent Procurement Leaders’ insights with the industry-specific and minstream press.
Key Attributes, Skills, and Experience
- Minimum 8 years’ experience leading or part of a syndicated research team, produce development or sales or account management. Procurement knowledge is a plus
- Sharp focus and attention to customer satisfaction and commercial targets
- Demonstrable business and commercial acumen
- Thought leadership and ability to problem solve through deductive and inductive reasoning
- Highly organized project management– ability to prioritize competing tasks and manage time effectively
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ambitious, curious and eager to learn all things procurement
- A strong communicator through written and spoken word
- Team-player, ability to work effectively within your team and across business units
- Enthusiastic, self-starter, and has the initiative, leadership, and commitment to have a fruitful career in a rapidly evolving company and field