Procurement Leaders™ is a multi-award-winning business intelligence platform and network organisation specialising in procurement, sourcing and supply chain management arenas. With 700 companies and over 33,000 members in our growing network, we are proud to partner with procurement executives from the world’s leading brands such as Coca-Cola, IBM, Johnson & Johnson, Microsoft, Nestle and Sony.
We are looking for an Office Manager / Business Assistant to join our growing team in our HQ in Borough, reporting to the Chief of Staff to the Executive Leadership Team. The Office Manager is responsible for organizing the administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of the office, from welcoming guests to proactively ensuring that office facilities are maintained to a high standard.
This position is also a great opportunity for someone keen to get involved with internal projects across the business such as; internal company-wide trips and events, employee communications and incentives, implementation of culture initiatives, and employee engagement and on-boarding cycle with new joiners. Due to the varied nature of the role, time management, excellence in problem solving and creative thinking are a must.
- First point of contact for the company: answering external switchboard calls in a professional and timely manner, serving visitors by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately.
- Overall appearance and running of the office: assist with layout and space for in-house staff; sort and process incoming and outgoing courier packages and mail; clean and restock the kitchen and coffee stations; liaise with property management to maintain the condition of the office and arrange for necessary repairs.
- Meeting rooms: responsible for supporting staff with the booking system; basic technical set up; arranging documentation and seating; ordering and providing supplies and catering; cleaning up and returning the rooms to a pristine state.
- Office equipment and supplies: oversee contracts for all vendors, the supply inventory, equipment maintenance and related invoices.
- Point person for maintaining a safe and secure working environment and contact for IT issues; organising engineers, dealing with telecoms.
- Communication: ensure timely communication of key information to staff in all locations using different formats and platforms.
- Internal company events: support the organisation and delivery of office and companywide events, such as Summer Retreat, Christmas parties, Employee of the Month and incentive trips. You will also assist with the company’s fundraising activities and social events. Ad hoc support on Executive Leadership Team commitments.
- Staffing and support: assist with projects across other internal departments such as HR, Marketing and Events.
- Facilitate with flight bookings and travel logistics.
Skills and attributes
- Experience as a coordinator, receptionist, executive assistant, or administration assistant.
- Technical skills including MS Office and Outlook.
- Great communication skills
- The ability to deliver projects to a high standard, sometimes within tight deadlines.
- Previous experience with stakeholder management.
- Having a proactive approach to work to make decisions and prioritise important tasks independently.
Nice to have
- Experience with using illustration tools such as Photoshop or Illustrator.
- Previous experience in organising and implementing.