Are you an ADM201 Certified Salesforce administrator looking for a new challenge?
Are you looking to build out your skill set in a role where you have exposure to senior management and be able to actively influence business decision-making in a fast passed, unique organisation?
We are Procurement Leaders™, the world’s most valued professional procurement network. A unique and vital destination that connects, inspires and accelerates our members to become more successful.
Powered by a community of over 700 leading global corporations and 27,000 senior procurement, sourcing and supply chain executives, we provide the in-depth insight, practical tools and expert mentorship needed to transform procurement into a critical business driver. We partner with procurement executives from the world’s leading brands such as IBM, Johnson & Johnson, MasterCard, Adidas, L’Oreal and Nestle to name a few.
This is an incredible opportunity for a confident and visionary individual who is looking to grow and develop in a dynamic environment. Working within our central support BI team as a Salesforce Administrator, you will focus on the support and development of the company’s CRM, to improve sales and marketing effectiveness.
This role will connect with all areas of the business and would suit someone that possess superb interpersonal skills and an ability to clearly communicate technical solutions to all levels of business and beyond.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Take ownership and accountability of daily Salesforce administration tasks and maintenance.
- Configure objects, fields, page layouts, workflow and validation rules within Salesforce
- Providing authoritative knowledge of the data management tools related to Salesforce (Process Builder, Dataloader, Flow)
- Generating reports on the effectiveness of internal processes and tools
- Define and use the best processes and practices to have a robust end-to-end production process using industry standards (sandboxes, change sets etc.)
- Work with our Commercial leads to identify and recommend ways to grow their teams’ effectiveness on a day to day basis, streamlining and automating as many business processes as possible
- Engage and handle suppliers that contribute to the maintenance and evolution of Salesforce as well as reviewing and communicating Salesforce new release features.
End User Support
- Prepare and update training documentation and conduct end user training for our key systems: Salesforce, Totango, Lusha, LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- Attend Commercial Teams Weekly meetings and provide updates on BI team initiatives
- Own and monitor customer health within our customer success platform, Totango
- Requirement gathering, project planning, Salesforce configuration, training and rollout of our transition to Lightning
- Actively participate in system testing, evaluating effectiveness and roll out of improvements
- You will be maintaining maintain data standards and governance and participate in our data protection group
- You will nurture and help develop the BI Associate as well as working closely with the Head of BI on the team’s strategy
You will have:
- Demonstrable experience administering Salesforce including configuration and customisation.
- ADM 201 certification essential
- Salesforce Lightning experience incl. transition from Classic, an advantage
- Experience of using Microsoft office suite. Advanced Excel and Access skills would be helpful
- Good knowledge of data management, including data capture, cleansing, migration and security.
- Strong stakeholder management skills & experience of gathering business requirements
- Clear understanding of change management functions and processes
- An organised and methodical approach - capable of working across several projects and managing your time and ensuring that records are maintained at all times.
- Not only will you be able to assess and evaluate technical issues to identify causes, your good communication will enable you to present to, and influence senior partners
- Be enthusiastic, with the initiative, ambition and commitment to make a clear impact on the business within a data enabled environment
- Key team player, this role involves liaising with internal teams on a periodic basis.
- Knowledge of data protection regulations GDPR, PECR.
- A degree in relevant field and knowledge of Apex would be advantageous, as would an awareness of third party solution providers for Salesforce (AppExchange)
What do you get?
You will join a fast paced, dynamic and agile organisation where data sits at the heart of all we do.
We have a bright, airy office in central London and have a great benefit package - including a minimum of 24 days holiday, a 3 % matching pension, Life and Health insurance, season ticket loans, fruit, a pool table, and a 10 % performance related bonus.
We invest in our people and there is the potential to support your further learning and advanced certification.