Would you like to be part of a global intelligence company that's disrupting the procurement industry? We inspire, connect and accelerate transformation for procurement functions at the world's top companies.
Procurement Leaders™ is the world’s largest and most valued procurement network and intelligence platform. Powered by a syndicated member and sponsor community of 750+ leading global companies, Procurement Leaders inspires 33,000+ senior leaders to make faster, more informed decisions and follow proven paths to success. Through next-practice insights, practical tools, expert guidance and industry connections, Procurement Leaders accelerates the transformation journey to greater value creation and procurement excellence.
Strategic procurement is critical to organizational success in today’s competitive market. We focus on providing a niche intelligence platform with in-depth research and insight, tools and advisory services plus our expert network. These services enable members to accelerate transformation, not just by delivering savings faster, but by unlocking opportunities to drive increased revenue and ever-greater value.
Providing key support to the membership account management team, the successful applicant will be integral in assisting with the long-term growth of the membership proposition, scaling up the number of corporate organisations to 500 by the end of 2019.
The associate role is an entry point into the commercial account management team, the associate programme includes commercial training for presenting, influencing and negotiating in preparation to join the account management team after 18-24 months. In addition, training will be provided about procurement and its importance to the enterprise, therefore a desire to be in a sales role and learn about procurement and supply chain is essential. In preparation to join the commercial account management team, experienced senior associates eventually take on client facing responsibilities such as presenting and managing accounts with support from PL staff.
As a guide to career development successful account associates will join the commercial team of Account Managers who are responsible for portfolios of contracts ranging from £300,000 to £1,000,000+ depending upon experience and performance. Metrics used to assess commercial performance centre around the amount of revenue and number of members successfully retained on a monthly, quarterly, half yearly and annual basis.
- End to end support for Member accounts and members including on-boarding activities, service throughout the subscription, and renewal or off boarding activities
- Strategic coordination with all teams at PL to achieve success for the business and the members.
- Engaging with senior executives including product demonstrations and training webinars, also inviting members to events
- Managing member requests e.g. questions about content and other PL services, networking requests, logins and other member admin
- Executing renewal plans for each member and directly supporting an Account Manager e.g. scheduling calls and meetings, preparing usage statistics.
- Technical and customer service support requiring knowledge of technical systems to operate the website, use of CRM (Salesforce.com)
- Organizing AM’s meetings and diary, assisting with the organization of both local and international travel and meetings at events.
- Updating CRM constantly (SalesForce.com) maintaining all client information.
Desired Skills and Experience (Personal Spec)
- Graduate education 2:1 preferred, with minimum 1 year commercial experience, preferably in B2B subscription account management role
- Proven track record of project management including team work and strategic coordination
- Excellent grasp of Microsoft office including outlook, excel, word and power point
- Experience of CRM programmes preferably Salesforce.com
- Ability to develop excellent personal relationships with internal and external customers, thinking about situations from other people’s perspective for win, win outcomes
- Thirst for knowledge about business, and desire to learn about procurement’s role as a critical business driver for success.
- Intellectually curious and driven to succeed in a commercial environment, focused on understanding, challenging and serving client needs and performing at high levels.
- Understands the need for organizational discipline and outcomes based planning to achieve success in a team.
- Relationship builder, with high level of authenticity and integrity.
- Open to feedback to continually improve performance.
- Excellent attention to detail, analytical and numerate, with ability to deal with ambiguous situations.
- Creative thinker, agile and able to deal with ambiguity.