Would you like to be part of a global intelligence company that's disrupting the procurement industry?
Procurement Leaders™ is the world’s largest and most valued procurement network and intelligence platform. Powered by a syndicated member and sponsor community of 750+ leading global companies, Procurement Leaders inspires 33,000+ senior leaders to make faster, more informed decisions and follow proven paths to success. Through next-practice insights, practical tools, expert guidance and industry connections, Procurement Leaders accelerates the transformation journey to greater value creation and procurement excellence.
We’re looking for an experienced and ambitious Event Coordinator to work in our London office.
Currently the company organises three large-scale congresses, three awards ceremonies, six mid-sized forums and a significant number of small meetings over the course of the year. The events take place in the US, Europe, Australia and South-East Asia, and the portfolio is expanding.
The candidate will be mainly supporting on our large-scale conferences and mid-sized forums, whilst owning and developing small projects within the Event Operations team.
The job role will include the following event products:
- Procurement Leaders Congresses & Forums – supporting the Event Manager on the delivery of these key conferences for between 200 and 700 delegates
- Procurement Leaders Awards – supporting the Awards Manager on tasks relating to awards entry drive, back-end platform and shortlist management
Delegate management – Working with the Marketing team to develop email communications and invites for private (VIP) sessions / dinners within the wider conference programme.
Print and design – Working with designers and printers to develop various event materials ranging from small portable signage, right up to large scale banners and stage backdrops.
Financials – Recording all spend within remit, working with the EM on spend targets. Raising POs and reporting back to the EM and spend requirements on your projects.
Logistics – Couriers, travel planning, accommodation, hotel negotiations
Venues – F&B / logistics liaison, and BEOs.
Sponsor fulfilment – Meeting all sponsor expectations, delivery of contract & managing expectations.
Website and digital – Responsibility for ensuring all partner logos are uploaded to each event web page upon contract signing. Updating our event app content for assigned events.
On site – Working with the Event Manager to manage all staff, suppliers and delegates on site, responsible for the customer experience and health & safety.
Internal stakeholders – Working with the appropriate internal stakeholders to ensure the events are delivered to a high standard ensuring all elements are covered.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience managing conference or other B2B event logistics
- Highly organised and able to deal with multiple tasks across multiple projects simultaneously. Great time management is essential.
- Experience working in a high energy office environment, managing workload in the busiest periods against stress levels and prioritising tasks effectively to meet expectations
- Negotiation skills are essential to drive the highest value at the best price from our suppliers.
- Interpersonal skills, a people person able to manage the expectations of multiple and very different stakeholders.
- Common sense approach to difficult situations, providing solutions to problems rather than focusing on the negatives.
- Measured and mature communication skills are essential for this role.
- Foresight on the hazards and pitfalls of event planning, experience in identifying potential problems and planning for contingencies.
- Excellent Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook knowledge and application
- SalesForce, Adobe Creative Suite and Awards Management Systems experience would be useful but not essential
- TypeForm, Survey Monkey, Marketo, Affino and other comms / CRM software would be useful but not essential
- Demonstrable basic knowledge of balance sheets, accounts payable, purchase orders and invoicing
- Health & Safety
- Working knowledge of H&S law in the UK (international experience would be ideal)
- Common sense approach to customer and staff safety on site
- Experience with risk assessments and method statements
- Some knowledge of insurance and risk mitigation
- Innovative ideas on décor, room dressing, AV and stage design
- Briefing graphic designers to get the best out of printed / digital materials at events
- Choices on hospitality and catering
- People person
- Open minded, energetic and motivated
- Team player