This role sits at the heart of the organisation and is essential to pushing Procurement Leaders’ brand and agenda out to market. Working directly with the Executive Leadership Team, with stakeholders in all parts of the organisation, the Director of Marketing is key to shaping and driving the marketing strategy for the company.
- Marketing Strategy & Plans – Partner with the Executive Management Team to architect and continually update and optimise an integrated customer journey and experience through all parts of the organisation, brand and marketing strategy, media plan, and messaging pipeline. Utilise market data, media insights, consumer research, and competitive intelligence to identify new opportunities and optimize marketing programs.
- People Development – Continue to build and shape a highly-effective, world-class marketing organisation by hiring, training, motivating and setting leadership direction for all direct reports. Continue to nurture a collaborative and customer-oriented marketing community, cross-functionally. Review and enhance, where necessary, all marketing processes, measurements, information systems, etc., that are needed to enable the overall marketing function to operate efficiently and effectively.
- Acquisition – Lead the marketing efforts to drive revenue through stronger, more efficient customer acquisition, both membership and events, with a relentless focus on improving ROI (reducing cost-per-acquisition) and maximizing account value.
- Retention – Responsible for driving the CRM strategy for customers including customer segmentation, loyalty communication, social content development, financial control content management, and existing customer activations.
- Brand Oversight – Own the brand and be responsible for driving brand awareness and engagement internally and externally. They will work in collaboration with product to communicate new product features and new products.
- Strategic Partnership Sales and Relationship Management – Own the identification and execution of partnership marketing opportunities which help drive profitable business results.
- Insights & Innovation – Strive to continually uncover and identify new marketplace and customer trends, thereby enabling us to set the pace for “what must come next” from a category standpoint.
- Stakeholder management – Sits at the centre of commercial, events and product teams. Has the ability to manage senior stakeholders from these teams, and support the execution of plans through the stakeholders
Key Attributes, Skills and Experience
- Experience of global marketing
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to spot original branding opportunities
- Used to operating at high altitude, at pace with rigor
- A highly analytical and strategic approach
- Expertise in data-driven, commercial marketing position, with a focus on lead generation
- Excels in relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence and work effectively in a highly collaborative team environment
- Ability to solve complex problems displaying a resourceful, innovative, adaptable and flexible approach
- An active listener with the ability to translate ideas into action plans
- Results orientated approach with an intellectually curious mindset